Saturday, May 28, 2011

REVULSION "The Only Revolution / All I Could See" 7" (nab002)


Second record, an amazing record by this band hailing from Norwich  Englang. Personally, I didn't first realise how great it was. It was the time of brutal hc-punk and Class War newspaper and they came with their melodic tunes and sensible & sensitive hippy stuff! It is a shame they broke up soon after the release of this 7". Nabate would have probably release a full lenght and it probably would've been a classic records. The playing, tunes, timing and recording are close to perfect. It is pure joy to listen back to this 7"! Thanks to this records I got to know a great friend from Croatia. He'd wrote to the band asking about thier record and they'd replied that I'd probably have some copies left. I did, it is a great record that didn't sell well. Only 1040 got pressed on 28/02/1991.
The scan of the sleeve doesnb't give a good idea of the color, it is brighter that what it looks, but strangely the paper and ink seems not scan-compatible.


listen to "All I Could See" on the player or right click here: Revulsion "All I Could See"

listen to "The Only Revolution" on the player or right click here: Revulsion "The Only Revolution"



edit: They have two tracks on "Consolidation" 7", a compilation released in 1987. Revulsion have also a track in "Anarcho punk vol 3-Anti-society" comp cd (Overground Records), a track from their early days in "We wont be your fucking poor"(Mortarhate) and in "Words worth shouting" (Radical Change) and "A Vile Peace"(Peaceville). There is also a demo tape. (from 7inchcrust blog) Thanks for the good job. I have this great "Consolidation" comp. 7" and completly forgot about it!

From the comments:
Anonymous Steve Revulsion said...
Revulsion have just released a s/t CD on Boss Tuneage records. Featuring 10 handpicked tunes from their back catalogue including 3 unreleased tracks. If you buy from here you receive a free 50 min live DVD!! link here

15 comments:

cultmaniax said...

CHECK OUT RUNNIG RIOT IN 2007 BLOG WHERE YOU WILL FIND REVULSION'S DEMO FROM 85 AND A PRACTICE FROM 86 http://mrmagoomc4.blogspot.com/

al plastic said...

Thanks!

andy malcolm said...

where abouts in norfolk were they from?

al said...

They were from Norwich, I should have mentioned this instead of Norfolk. (Crossways Terrace, Acle.)

potress said...

friend from croatia is maske??
:)
axegrinder

whispered into existence said...

I might be spamming your blog here w/ all (3 of...) the comments & what not, but I have to say that I downloaded the 7" some time ago & was hooked on as if it were 7" of steel talons instead of 7" of vinyl! I don't even recall the last time I heard something so old-fashioned & so good... Anyway, thanks for all the music - I think I got some records from you at Signal Lost's show in La Zone (11/2005), but I have no idea whether it was really you who did the distro or not - I just thought 'La Zone... Liege... Nabate...' :). Oh well, it doesn't matter anyhow!

al said...

Greetings potress & whispered.. Thanks for posting comments! Yes IT WAS MASKE, you are right! Greetings to him if you meet him!
I wasn't at la Zone for this gig, it was la ZOne distro. I do go to la Zone very often thought, great place :o)

All the best!

Anonymous said...

I spend years asking to this friend of mine to give me this one!!!
Eventually he did... As it's super good, I thought it was sold out and that everybody rushed to buy it.

Anonymous said...

REVULSION came from ACLE which is 10 miles from norwich,
si moved to germany for a while but i saw him a few years ago in norwich
used to see them play as they were my local band still have a few live videos by them
or anyone reading this ask REVS he still has revulsion live at the jackyard in norwich

andrew said...

last person to comment, i may know you, i am interested in the vids of revulsion,i played in a band with andy and simon just after revulsion

ANDY (rhetoric)

formerly of Great Yarmouth

Steve Revulsion said...

Revulsion have just released a s/t CD on Boss Tuneage records. Featuring 10 handpicked tunes from their back catalogue including 3 unreleased tracks. If you buy from here you receive a free 50 min live DVD!!

Steve Revulsion said...

http://www.bosstuneage.bigcartel.com/product/revulsion-revulsion-cd-plus-bonus-dvd

Here!

AL said...

great news, all the best to all!
AL

Steve Revulsion said...

Cheers Al

AL said...

I'm noticing the players doesn't work anymore, I'll fix this later, sorry for inconvenience. Get the record at Boss Tuneage records.